- All dances will be cast according to strengths, & abilities rather than ages.
- Duos-Trios-Small groups:
Cast not only by strength and ability but also by physical aspects that will compliment the number visually.
- Young Choreographer:
If you would like to submit a number for young choreographer you must submit music and choreography along with possible cast list to our faculty (Becky, Bex,& Jen) by Sept. 1st. We will critique & give you improvement suggestions. You may re-submit your work to our faculty by Sept. 20th along with your proposed rehearsal schedule. All numbers MUST rehearse at least once a week for minimum of 30 minutes. These times must be scheduled when one of our faculty members is in the studio.
- Soloist: (all solos must be arranged by October 1st)
All soloist must pay set fee of $75.00 for solo choreography (fee for Becky, Bex, Or Jen) plus schedule/pay/attend ten private lessons (one per week minimum). After that you are required to schedule a 30 minute studio rehearsal time for once a week arranging for your choreographer to oversee a portion of one of your rehearsals per month to critique your progress (at no charge.) If you choose an outside choreographer you must pay their set fee and schedule/pay/attend at least one private lesson per month with one of our faculty members to oversee your progress as well as schedule a 30 minute studio rehearsal time once a week (at no charge.) If we have more than three soloists only highest scoring (at comp) solos will perform in the Saturday evening recital with the next three highest scoring on Friday evening and the remainder in the Saturday matinee recital. (If we attend more than one comp we will add scores together to determine highest scores.)
- All competition dancers must take ballet, tap, and jazz. Modern, musical theatre, and hip hop are optional. No more than one missed class per month (that is one class or one entire week of classes if ill) will be allowed. Only one missed rehearsal in an eight week period will be tolerated. Failure to obey this rule will result in dismissal from team with NO REFUND of any fees.
- Fees for competition dancers will be $90.00 per month for unlimited classes plus additional $10.00 per month rehearsal fee to help pay for teachers’ rehearsal time, as well as group choreography by our faculty. Outside choreographers will have additional fees that dancers will be responsible for sharing. Dancers are also required to pay and participate in any and all studio master classes/workshops.
- All competition dancers must attend all scheduled competitions and community performances. Additional opportunities to perform or compete may arise during the year but will be optional.
- Being a member of our competition team is an honor and a privilege. As a team member you will be representing our studio and you will also be a role model for other dancers in our studio. It is very important that you maintain a positive attitude and be respectful toward teachers, choreographers, and other dancers by your body language/demeanor, verbally, and outside of dance in Facebook and/or Twitter postings. Inappropriate conduct will not be tolerated and may cause removal from casting or from team completely with NO REFUND. (Any dancer failing to comply with rules will receive one warning from Becky before being dismissed from team.)
- This contract, signed by both dancer and parent must be turned in to Becky by September 1st along with $75.00 non-refundable competition deposit which will be applied to your competition fees.
All competition team members must sign a copy of this contract, which you can pick up from the office. The point of the contract is to make sure that comp members are aware of the commitment and expense of being a team member and accept this privilege and responsibility. The focus of our team is good sportsmanship, team unity, and the opportunity to learn and grow.